Jaco Hamman gives 5 (hopeful) traits of millennials:
- Millennials know anxiety, uncertainty, loss and trauma intimately – if you want to reach out to the Millennials, you need to be comfortable to enter into their pain and loss.
- Millennials build alternative communities – they are masters at it. Join them where they are meeting already. It should NOT be about how we can get them to church.
- Millennials are spiritual and engage in religious practices like prayer and worship (although they rarely come to church).
- Millennials embrace accountability – they value integrity.
- Millennials want to make a difference in the world – they have a cause mentality (or ethic).